It’s that time of the year again. I never understood why my mom dreaded the holidays, but now I get it. I could always feel the tension from her for one reason, cooking. Thanksgiving is all fun and games until you are invited to “Friendsgivings”, Thanksgiving meals, potlucks, etc.
I say this because if you are like me, and are not a very good cook, this can be very stressful.
Well, my average cooking friend, I am here to help you! I had my first ever friendsgiving the other day, and I had to bring a dish. I did not want to be that person to just go buy something from the store and serve it, so I tried to make the easiest thing. This would be Oreo cake balls. Trust me, it’s easy.
While mine do not have a very good presentation look to them, they are definitely yummy, and the only thing you have to “cook” is melting the chocolate that is dipped over the Oreo.
I am not lying to y’all when I say these are easy. I just looked up a simple recipe on Pinterest, but I didn’t really look at it for help. All you have to do is mash up Oreo’s, mix it with cream cheese, then drizzle chocolate all over them. After that you just pop them in the freezer for an hour or so, then they’re ready to eat.
After prep time, cooking, and letting them harden up this entire task
took me about 1.5 hours.
Seriously, if you have to make a dish for a group of people it is so easy to make a bunch of these Oreo cake balls! Let me know if you make these, and you can get a lot more creative than I did, but that’s just me being lazy again 😉
What You Need:
- 1 package of REGULAR Oreo’s
- Don’t get the double stuffed.
- If you like mint maybe try the mint flavored Oreo’s, or I will and let you know how it is.
- 1.5 bricks of Cream Cheese
- I used 2 “bricks”, but I think that was a little too much.
- Chocolate chips
- I used the 11.5 oz regular milk chocolate, but you can do white chocolate, dark chocolate, make it a certain color
- It doesn’t matter – this is where you can spice it up
- Large bowl to mix Oreo’s and Cream Cheese
- Pot to boil water and a bowl that sits on top of the pot
- 12 gallon zip-lock bag
How to Make Oreo Cake Balls:
- Throw the package of Oreo’s into ziplock bag
- Crush Oreo’s
- The pieces need to be VERY small, like sand
- You can also use a food processor or something like that, but I am in college and I don’t own that fancy shit
- Dump Oreo’s into large bowl
- Add Cream Cheese to make the Oreo’s stick together
- Form Oreo balls
- Similar to meat balls
- Boil water on stove
- Melt Chocolate Chips
- Cover Oreo balls in chocolate
- Until outer chocolate shell is hard